Indian cuisine retains its distinct flavor by harmoniously combining spices.
But how do you get good Indian food when you're thousands of miles away from India? Indian restaurants in Saigon will provide you with the best experiences.
From delectable goat curry to a yogurt-filled, spicy stew to a sumptuous thali feast, there's something for everyone. Scroll down to see the top 5 Indian restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City to whet your appetite!
Tandoor Indian Restaurant
Tandoor Indian Restaurant offers a wide range of traditional Indian dishes, from non-vegetarian to vegan. This is most likely the most upscale Indian restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City. If you want to make an impression on a date or have an elegant lunch with your pals, this restaurant is a good choice. Tandoor Indian Restaurant is an excellent choice for those seeking a fine dining experience.
Keep in mind that it is more expensive than many of the city's other restaurants. In return, you can expect excellent food, friendly service, a lovely setting, and a memorable experience.
Moreover, the restaurant is located right next to the well-known Saigon Prince hotel and has plenty of free parking. The staff is friendly and courteous.
- Address: 38A-39A Ngo Duc Ke, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Opening time: 11 a.m to 11 p.m
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/tandoor.hcmc/
- Phone: 083 930 4839
- Price range: $3 - 10
- Cuisines: North Indian, Punjabi
- Must try: Dal tadka, Fish Pakoras, Dahi Bhindis, Chicken Korma, Kulfi
Baba's Kitchen, in the heart of Bui Vien, has been wowing tourists and locals alike with their flavorful Indian cuisine. It is not ridiculous to state that the food at Baba's Kitchen is as authentic as it gets, especially since the chefs and wait staff are all Indians. They are also approachable and likable.
The space is clean and well-kept. Besides, Baba's Kitchen not only boasts a large indoor eating area in a stylish setting, but it also includes a garden with lush foliage for al fresco dining. However, it is almost always packed, making it a little crowded.
Butter Chicken is a must-try and has propelled Baba's Kitchen to the top of many people's favorite lists. Aside from Indian cuisine, Baba's Kitchen also serves Thai and Sri Lankan cuisine. So pay a visit to Baba's, the unofficial ambassador of Indian food, and see if it will make it onto your favorite list as well.
- Address: 274 Bui Vien Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Opening time: 11:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. daily, except Tuesdays: 10 a.m to 10:30 p.m
- Telephone: 028 3838 6661
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/babaskitchenvn/
- Price range: $3 - 10
- Cuisines: South Indian, North Indian
- Must try: Butter Chicken Curry, Gobi Tandoori, Malabar Fish curry
Ganesh Indian Restaurant
The restaurant is named after Lord Ganesha, who is considered a god of wisdom, success, and good fortune in Hinduism. It is in the city's heart, making Indian visitors feel at ease. What’s more, if you are a Hindi speaker, the manager can communicate in Hindi.
Indian cuisine here will be infused with a Vietnamese food twist adding novel spices and flavors. And Ganesh is one of the best restaurants in Saigon for an Indian meal.
Ganesh Restaurants have spread throughout Vietnam in Ho Chi Minh City, and other cities like Nha Trang, Hue, Hoi An, Mui Ne, Da Lat, and Phu Quoc have branches. As a result, Ganesh's food has been tested and approved.
This restaurant is small but well-designed for comfort. Ganesh Restaurants can get crowded after 6 p.m., so make reservations if you're dining in a group.
- Address: 38 Hai Ba Trung, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Opening time: 11 a.m to 2:30 p.m, 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/GaneshIndianRestaurantVietnam/
- Telephone: 083 823 4785
- Price range: $5 - 13
- Cuisines: North Indian, South Indian
- Must try: chicken madras, thali tray, onion bhaji, Tarka dal, the Momo dumplings
Namaste India is an excellent place to sample traditional Indian cuisine. This place is not only a popular restaurant among Indians in Ho Chi Minh City, but it is also a popular choice among tourists who enjoy Indian cuisine.
Namaste India Restaurant offers a diverse and one-of-a-kind menu that includes over 100 delectable and well-known dishes such as curry. Curry chicken is prepared with a variety of buttery, creamy ingredients. It goes well with Naan bread and curry rice. Namaste India Restaurant gets high marks for both its delicious food and its reasonable prices.
What’s more, Namaste is in Bui Vien, Saigon's most popular leisure district. After a satisfying supper, take a stroll around the neighborhood to check out the local nighttime scene and stop by a street beer bar for some terrific tipples. Weekends here are incredibly colorful and vibrant, and there is usually a live band nearby playing great music.
- Address: 189 Bui Vien Street, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Opening time: 10:15 a.m-10:15 p.m
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/namasteindiavn/
- Telephone: 090 230 18 43
- Price range: $2 - 8
- Cuisines: North Indian, Punjabi
- Must try: Gobi Manchurian, Onion Pakoras, Chicken Biryani, Aloo Palak
Ashoka is a multinational franchise whose owner has long been committed to promoting and establishing a presence for Indian cuisine. Dishes here are an excellent introduction to Indian cuisine that will keep diners coming back to explore the essence of Indian cuisine.
Aside from Indian cuisine, Ashoka also offers a few delectable Japanese dishes, Tibetan, Manchurian, and Hakka dishes. This means that diners will sample various culinary traditions from across Asia's vast continent in one location.
Besides, this is one of the Indian restaurants in Saigon that have a sophisticated, spacious dining space with plenty of seating. This is a beautiful, sophisticated, fine dining establishment with clean, attractive furnishings in an elite neighborhood.
The manager is a pleasant and courteous Indian man in his mid-age. The staff is friendly and courteous.
- Address: 17/10 Le Thanh Ton, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Opening hours: 11 a.m to 9 p.m
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/ashokacarian/
- Telephone: 090 690 61 24
- Cuisines: North Indian, Japanese
- Must try: Samosa, Dal tadka, Mutton Shami Kebab, Hakka Noodles, The Prawn Manchurian
Indian restaurants in Saigon are exceptionally friendly, warm, and welcoming. Make note of the top 5 Indian restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City to sample India's diverse and vibrant food offerings.