District 2, specifically Thảo Điền area, is an expat heavy neighborhood in Ho Chi Minh City. Speaking of the diverse culinary demands, restaurants in this district have been developing rapidly and variously both in authenticity and fusion culinary. You can find any food culture in the area, from Asian to Western, from fast food to fine dining. Let's have a food tour around the world in this article, based on this selective guide to locate top 10 restaurants in District 2, Saigon.
Pendolasco is a highly reputed Italian restaurant. First established in 1998, the restaurant is well-known as one of the best Italian restaurants in Saigon. Their menu has been perfected to offer exquisite Italian cuisine to customers, and it's a pity if we don't mention their fresh homemade pasta and an authentic Italian pizza collection. The dishes are prepared carefully by an Italian chef with more than 20 years in cooking experience. Pendolasco also has a great delivery service system, you can check out their website and order for delivery. Nonetheless, we still recommend dine-in to wholly experience the extraordinary ambiance and food. If you are looking for a superb Italian taste in Saigon, you cannot miss Pendolasco.
- Address: 30 Tống Hữu Định Street, Thảo Điền Ward, District 2, HCMC (Get there)
- Opening hour: 10:30a.m - 10:00p.m
- Price: 150,000 VND - 2,500,000 VND ($6.50 - $100.00)
La Villa French Cuisine
Located in a gorgeous mansion in Thảo Điền, District 2, La Villa is an authentic French restaurant providing a delightful fine dining experience. Thierry Mounon - owner and also the head chef of La Villa had gastronomical experience at international 5-star hotels and high-end restaurants. He then created an excellent French menu; in which the must-try item is his exquisite signature beef tenderloin with pan-fried foie gras and mousquetaire sauce. Your heart will definitely fall in love with the dishes at La Villa.
- Address: 14 Ngô Quang Huy Street, Thảo Điền Ward, District 2, HCMC (Get there)
- Opening hour:
- Monday To Sunday (Lunch and Dinner)
- Lunch (Thu-Fri-Sat) from 11:45a.m to last order 1:30p.m (Closed around 4:00p.m)
- Dinner (daily) from 6:00p.m to last order 9:30p.m (Closed around midnight)
- Price: from 770,000 VND ($33.50)
The Deck is a splendid restaurant in Saigon, especially for romance. Located on the banks of the Saigon river, every customer loves The Deck at first sight with its charming setup and elegant decoration. The restaurant is well-known for its selective Pan Asian cuisine with high-quality and fresh seafood, a chilled-out cocktail bar, and a breathtaking view by the river. You surely will admire the stunning sunset view at The Deck, beside the exquisite cuisine they provide.
- Address: 38 Nguyễn Ư Dĩ Street, Thảo Điền Ward, District 2, HCMC (Get there)
- Opening hour: 8:00a.m - 10:00p.m
- Price: the restaurant serves complete menus from breakfast to dinner, you can check out the prices accordingly by this link
As mentioned in the name (Bụi means dust in Vietnamese), Bụi Garden is a hidden lovely garden in Saigon. Bụi Garden serves authentic Vietnamese cuisine, favored by both locals and tourists. The restaurant has many exquisite traditional dishes, built from high-quality and selective ingredients. Aiming to offer a healthy meal for customers, Bụi Garden doesn't use MSG and reduce sugar as much as possible in every dish.
With an extensive menu, you can experience delicious food from every region of Vietnam just by visiting Bụi Garden. The restaurant has many comfortable areas from indoor to outdoor, for either private patrons or just green lovers. This place brings about a nostalgic ambiance with its setup and decoration, reminding everyone of a time where it was much simpler in our lifestyle.
- Address: 55A-55B Ngô Quang Huy Street, Thảo Điền Ward, District 2, HCMC (Get there)
- Opening hour: 8:00a.m - 11:00p.m
- Price: À la carte menu, 89,000 VND - 350,000 VND ($3.80 - $15.50)
Different from other famous sushi restaurants in Saigon, SuShi Nhí was originally established by a Vietnamese chef, who had years of experience at a well-known sushi restaurant chain. The owner and his wife launched their first sushi diner at a small alley in Bình Thạnh District, aiming to serve delightful Japanese cuisine at a very reasonable price for locals. With their passion for Japanese food and wholehearted work, the diner has been loved by many regulars and developed widely.
Up to now, they have set up two restaurants, one in Bình Thạnh District, and another in District 2. The services at SuShi Nhí are exceptionally good; you will be welcomed by friendly parking staff to professional waiters and waitresses. With regard to food, one of the signatures you must try are Aburi Hotate (Flash-grilled scallop served atop a small bed of hand-pressed sushi rice). The curry udon and crab yakisoba are also worth a try. If you are a Japanese food lover, you can't go wrong with this place.
- Address: 210 Trần Não Street, Bình An Ward, District 2, HCMC (Get there)
- Opening hour: 11:00a.m - 10:30p.m
- Price: 25,000 VND - 250,000 VND ($1.00 - $11.00)
Snap Café & Restaurant
Snap Café is situated in a compound with a spacious area, diverse drink menu and delicious food. Snap café & Restaurant is a family-oriented eatery which is favored by a lot of Vietnamese and expatriates in Thảo Điền. The restaurant arranges a peaceful book garden for readers, a family playground that is friendly for kids, and a café area for friends gathering. Speaking of food, you can not miss Snap's famous gourmet burger menu.
Every Wednesday, they also offer a promotion which is getting 2 free drinks including wine and beer when you order one of their gourmet burgers (dine-in only). This is the place to bring about a laid-back vibe and delicious food.
- Address: 32 Trần Ngọc Diện Street, Thảo Điền Ward, District 2, HCMC (Get there)
- Opening hour: 7:30a.m - 10:30p.m
- Price: from 100,000 VND ($4.50)
OM Vegetarian Restaurant
OM is a relaxing restaurant for vegetarians, located in Thảo Điền Ward. The restaurant has a spacious area with an open space full of greens and elegant decorations. The menu has been tailor-made of delightful vegan dishes, from Asian to Western cuisine while having detailed descriptions for customers to order. Dishes at OM are made from fresh ingredients, then well marinated and seasoned to create mouthwatering flavors. Apart from enjoying delicious vegan food; you will also find yourself tranquil and pleased at OM.
- Address: 215B Nguyễn Văn Hưởng Street, Thảo Điền Ward, District 2, HCMC (Get there)
- Opening hour: 8:00a.m - 10:00p.m
- Price: 80,000 VND - 200,000 VND ($3.50 - $8.50)
Cow Mee Inn
Cow Mee Inn is a small and cozy Taiwanese diner in Thảo Điền with just around 10 seats. Cow Mee Inn provides original Taiwanese signature dishes such as beef noodles, minced pork rice with braised egg, cabbage dumplings, etc. The chewy noodles are perfectly boiled, topped with vegetable, stewed beef, and pickled mustard greens, served with rich beef broth. The taste is flavourful, with a bit of sour and savory from pickled mustard greens; all together creates an unforgettable culinary experience. This is a perfect choice for a quick yet delicious meal.
- Address: 15D Ngô Quang Huy Street, Thảo Điền Ward, District 2, HCMC (Get there)
- Opening hour: 10:00a.m - 9:00p.m
- Price: 80,000 VND - 200,000 VND ($3.50 - $8.70)
D'Maris is a Korean buffet restaurant chain in Saigon. In district 2, the restaurant is situated in a shopping mall with expansive space. They have common areas as well as separate rooms for private meetings and family gatherings. With more than 200 dishes from around the world, you can experience a variety of culinary cultures at just one restaurant.
D'Maris always provides fresh cuisine with wholehearted caring; the counters are consistently full of superb food. You should absolutely try the sashimi counter and seafood counter - two of the best dishes at the restaurant. You can reserve tables by booking via phone (1900 0029 or (028) 3740 8313)
- Address: Level 6 Parkson Cantavil, Xa Lộ Hà Nội Street, An Phú Ward, District 2, HCMC (Get there)
- Opening hour: 11:30a.m - 10:00p.m
- Price (not included VAT yet):
- Lunch: 390,000 VND/pax
- Dinner: 510,000 VND/pax
On weekends and holidays:
- Lunch: 510,000 VND/pax
- Dinner: 540,000 VND/pax
- 7-12 years old: 280,000 VND/pax
- 4-6 years old: 160,000 VND/pax
Eddie's - New York Deli and Diner
Eddie's is a classic 1950s style New York diner situated in a heavy-expat community. The feature of Eddie's is to serve authentic American meals in the funniest and most friendly way. With all the finest imported ingredients, Eddie’s offers you the original taste of New York right here in Ho Chi Minh City.
You can find at Eddie's all-day American breakfast, the American signature milkshakes, flame-grilled burgers, New York deli sandwiches, fun kids meals, and even a vegetarian food menu. The dishes are freshly made, definitely tasty enough to satisfy all you ever ask for an American meal.
- Address: 71 Thảo Điền Street, Thảo Điền Ward, District 2, HCMC (Get there)
- Opening hour: 9:00a.m - 9:00p.m
- Price: 150,000 VND - 350,000 VND ($6.50 - $15.00)