As an ancient port city, Hoi An inherits cross-cultures and gastronomy richness. The cuisine offers its visitors fusion dishes and signature flavor. Along with the beautiful nature and architecture, Hoi An also has outstanding cuisine. This guide to the ten best restaurants in Hoi An will feast your eyes and stomach while wandering this notable ancient town (with vegan options).
1. Mango Mango Vietnam
Mango Mango Vietnam is a lovely Vietnamese restaurant opened by chef Duc Tran near the Thu Bon river and the night market.
This restaurant will serve you the best Vietnamese dishes with a modern twist using local ingredients. Believe that food needs to be enjoyed with all five senses, chef Duc Tran serves you delicious food and lovely decoration, a spectacular view of Hoi An Ancient Town, and live music.
- Address: 45 Nguyen Phuc Chu Street, Minh An Ward, Hoi An City, Quang Nam Province
- Price: 120,000 - 620,000 VND ($5.30 - 27.3)
- Open hours: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
2. The Field Restaurant & Bar
The Field Restaurant & Bar is located in the middle of a rice field, about 4km from the Ancient Town. This place has a relaxed and peaceful ambiance for those who want to escape the crowded city. Besides serving traditional Vietnamese meals, they also open cooking classes for tourists.
The Field is also one of the best restaurants in Hoi An for outdoor dining. In addition, they often hold local markets and farming activities in the restaurant. You can get updates on their events on their Facebook page.
- Address: Vong Nhi hamlet, Tong Van Suong Street, Cam Thanh Commune, Hoi An City, Quang Nam Province
- Price: 100,000 - 500,000 VND ($4.4 - 22)
- Open hours: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
3. Mùa Restaurant
Mùa Restaurant is an Ecocentric modern dining restaurant in Hoi An, established by chef Tru Lang. Different from other restaurants in town, Mùa is only open by reservation. So, be sure you make a reservation before going to the restaurant.
Mùa follows a farm-to-table concept. Fresh ingredients are picked daily in the local market or the farm. Besides the set menu, you can request to have your meals customized with seasonal ingredients.
- Address: Tra Que Vegetable Village, Cam Ha Commune, Hoi An City, Quang Nam Province
- Price: 408,000 - 453,000 VND ($18 - 20)/set menu
- Open hours: Open by reservation only Wednesday – Sunday: 01:00 PM – 09:00 PM
4. Beach Village Restaurant
Beach Village Restaurant is a small seafood restaurant near An Bang Beach. However, it is one of the best restaurants in Hoi An serving seafood.
Significantly, the chef of this restaurant has ten years of experience in Indian cuisine. Therefore, trying some of their signature Indian - Vietnamese fusion dishes would be best. One of the bestsellers here is Grilled fish in banana leaf. It would be best if you tried it when visiting An Bang Beach.
- Address: 6B An Bang Cluster, Cam An Ward, Hoi An City, Quang Nam Province
- Price: 100,000 - 400,000 VND ($4.4 - 17.6)
- Open hours: 11:00 AM - 9:30 PM
5. Spice Viet Restaurant
Spice Viet Restaurant is the right choice if you want dinner in a luxury space. The interior of the restaurant is luxurious and sophisticated. They serve Vietnamese food with a touch of Western cuisine. Many customers who have dined here highly appreciate the attentive service of the staff and the taste of the food.
- Address: 187 Ly Thuong Kiet Street, Minh An Ward, Hoi An City, Quang Nam Province
- Price: 100,000 - 250,000 VND ($4.4 - 11)
- Open hours: 06:00 AM - 10:00 PM
6. Hoa Hiên Restaurant
Hoa Hiên Restaurant is a riverside restaurant located nearby the Thu Bon river and in a peaceful neighborhood. The prices of the dishes are also very reasonable, while the quality of the food is excellent.
The restaurant's special dish is Cơm Âm Phủ, which means Hell's Meal in English, a traditional dish from Hue. Because in the past, this dish was a late-night street food, with many leftover ingredients mixed with white rice. Nowadays, you can enjoy a modern version of it in Hoa Hiên Restaurant.
- Address: 35 Tran Quang Khai Street, Cam Chau Ward, Hoi An City, Quang Nam Province
- Price: 60,000 - 180,000 VND ($2.6 - 7.9)
- Open hours: 09:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Make a reservation: Call (+84) 90 3112 237
7. Little Faifo
Little Faifo is a traditional restaurant in an old house located in the heart of Hoi An Ancient Town. The Little Faifo combines classic recipes from the chef's ancestors and some modern Western dishes. You can enjoy the Vietnamese dishes as a full-course meal or in a Vietnamese family style.
If you stop by Little Faifo in the evening, you can enjoy a splendid view of the lantern street from the balcony.
- Address: 66 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, Minh An Ward, Hoi An City, Quang Nam Province
- Price: 90,000 - 500,000 VND ($3.9 - 22)
- Open hours: 2:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- Make a reservation: Call (+84) 235 3917 444
8. Nourish Eatery
Nourish Eatery is one of the best healthy restaurants in Hoi An. They serve fresh and healthy breakfast, brunch, and lunch in Western-style, including vegan options. The ingredients are mainly local fruits and veggies.
Besides the main menu, you can mix your favorite salad with the Build your salad option. They also serve coffee and healthy drinks along with the food.
- Address: 220a Nguyen Duy Hieu Street, Cam Chau Ward, Hoi An City, Quang Nam Province
- Price: 75,000 - 120,000 VND ($3.3 - 5.2)
- Open hours: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM from Tuesday to Friday
9. Art Space
ArtSpace is a unique restaurant in Hoi An, where art and cuisine meet. Your eyes and appetite will be satisfied while dining among the local artworks displayed here.
The menu of this restaurant is a fusion between East and West. The pizza is freshly made with local ingredients and can be adjusted to your requests. However, wood-fired pizza is a must-try.
- Address: 1 Pham Hong Thai Street, Cam Chau Ward, Hoi An City, Quang Nam Province
- Price: 113,000 - 1,818,000 VND ($5 - 80)
- Open hours: 07:00 AM – 11.00 PM
10. Hoi An Riverside Restaurant
Another restaurant with a spectacular view of Thu Bon River, Hoi An Riverside Restaurant, is excellent for luxury and romantic dinners.
As a restaurant located in the representative office of Anantara Hoi An Resort, Hoi An Riverside Restaurant offers you privacy and tranquility. Hoi An Riverside also holds the "Award Of Excellence" from the 2020 Wine Spectator Awards.
- Address: 1 Pham Hong Thai Street, Cam Chau Ward, Hoi An City, Quang Nam Province (in Anantara Hoi An Resort)
- Price: 90,000 - 300,000 VND ($4 - 13.2)
- Open hours: 04:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Above are the ten best restaurants in Hoi An. If you're looking for the best culinary experiences, don't forget to check out these restaurants. Moreover, you can find out more information and other Hoi An travel tips here.